Performance Evaluation Management System -
Extension Service Off-Campus Faculty, Professional Faculty & Classified Staff
Classified staff (includes Classified IT employees) and Non-Instructional Professional Faculty (includes Office Managers) are evaluated using EvalS, an electronically-driven performance evaluation system. Please visit the OSU Human Resources' website on EvalS.
Extension Field Faculty (Tenured/Annual Tenure, Professor of Practice series, Senior Instructor, Instructor, Faculty Research Assistant, and Instructional Professional Faculty) are evaluated using Workflow with the Digital Measures System. Please visit the OSU Extension Service' website on Digital Measures.
Key features of the Digital Measures Workflow
- Faculty evaluated through the Digital Measures Workflow will not input goals into EvalS.
- Faculty deadline for creation of Digital Measures records with 2018 dates is January 15, 2019.
- Faculty reporting information will be automatically available to the supervisory team, without extra effort on the part of the faculty.
- The supervisor will upload an evaluation summary letter into DocuSign for the supervisory team members' electronic signatures and the faculty member's review and electronic acknowledgement. The fully signed evaluation summary letter will be uploaded into the Digital Measures Workflow by the supervisor.
Extension Field Faculty Performance Ratings and Resources
Every field faculty member who has been employed for a minimum of six (6) months shall have a review.
The following are the selections available to supervisors to provide an overall summary performance rating for their professorial and professional faculty employees:
- Exceptional Performance – Consistently operates well above expectations.
- Strong Performance – Fully meets and often exceeds expectations of the position.
- Satisfactory Performance – Fully meets the expectations for the position.
- Needs Improvement – Occasionally fails to meet expectations or needs significant improvement in critical areas.
- Does Not Meet Expectations – Consistently does not meet expectations in multiple key elements of the position.
- No basis for evaluation / Not rated – Faculty employed for less than six (6) months.