OSU Extension Faculty and Staff:
Join us Monday December 3rd-Thursday December 6th for the 2018 OSU Extension Service Annual Conference!
OSU Extension Association (OSUEA) and the OSU Extension Director’s Office are partners in bringing together this important professional development opportunity for all Extension faculty and staff.
Registration is now open! Sign up here. Registration closes at noon on November 23; NO changes will be made after this deadline.
Conference Schedule outline available here
Opportunities for Speaking, Awards, Recognition, and Scholarship:
- Invited Sessions and Peer Reviewed Conference Sessions and Posters (Closed; deadline of August 27)
- Search for Excellence Program Awards (Closed; deadline of October 15th)
- Faculty and Staff Awards (Closed; deadline of October 15th)
- Extension Cooperator Awards (Closed; deadline of October 15th)
- Alberta Johnston Awards (Closed; deadline of October 15th)
Keynote: Something New!
Elevate Extension Keynote Talks
This year, we're trying something new! Rather than a traditional outside keynote, we wanted to hear from the wealth of experience and expertise that we have within and around our Extension teams. After inviting a statewide group of Extension employees, as well as OSU faculty external to Extension, to submit proposals, we have selected six, seven-minute innovative and engaging presentations that replace the regular keynote speaker session:
- Including vs. Welcoming: De-coding our Extension Culture, Ana Lu Fonseca
- Successful Landscape Project: Steps to Ensure Cross-Boundary, Public/Private Landscape Restoration, Daniel Leavell
- "Working Differently" in Extension, Victor Villegas
- Transforming Family and Community Engagement by Exploring Latinx Identity, José Garcia
- Creating Compassionate Communities, Shauna Tominey
- iTri: Increasing the Physical Activity of Youth, Jamie Davis
The session will take place Tuesday, December 4 at 10am in the LaSell’s Stewart Center (Construction and Engineering Hall Auditorium) during the EAC 2018. The format will be: seven minutes of speaking, five minutes of questions, no text slides, and no podium. There will be both a live (200-person) and online (livestreamed) audience. Livestream link will be posted here before the event!
For OSUEA-sponsored activities and information, including the BBQ, Breakfast Awards, and Cooperator Awards Banquet, please visit their webpage.
CH2M Hill Alumni Center, Corvallis Campus
Parking will be covered for those attending the awards banquet on Wednesday night (in the parking garage near the OSU Beaver Store). Parking is also included at the Hilton or Holiday Inn, if you're a guest. Otherwise, parking needs to be arranged on your own. You can buy temporary permits with your index here.
We do not arrange a hotel block for conference attendees, but our preferred hotel vendors are the nearby Hilton and the Holiday Inn. Both hotels offer government rates (if requested) and will allow for OSU index charges.
Extension Admin will cover round trip mileage for one vehicle per county for the event (not per day).
Please wear your orange Extension name badge. Order name badges through your office manager if needed.