OSU Extension Faculty and Staff:
Join us Monday December 2nd-Thursday December 5th for the 2019 OSU Extension Annual Conference!
OSU Extension Association (OSUEA) and the OSU Extension Director’s Office are partners in bringing together this important professional development opportunity for all Extension faculty and staff.
The Schedule and Registration Site are Now Available!
The schedule, with full descriptions and audience tracks, is available to download here! The registration site, which closes on November 22nd, can be accessed here. Contact Amanda Bielenberg-Hayes with any questions.
Due to evaluation feedback, this year's conference will be three days (Tuesday through Thursday), with an addendum Diversity Day on Monday. The conference will feature:
- Beyond Diversity Full Day Training
- Regional Showcase Social with Lightning Talks
- Program Sessions and Meetings, with programming relevant to every audience and program area
- Leadership Updates and Listening Sessions; Regional Meetings
- New Professional Development, Scholarship, and Peer-Reviewed Opportunities
- Association Meetings
- Awards and Recognition
- Poster Sessions
- 2nd Annual Elevate Extension Keynote Talks
- People's Choice Extension Awards
Opportunities for Speaking, Awards, Recognition, and Scholarship:
Program/Invited, and Peer-Reviewed, and Poster Sessions
We are so excited to offer a fantastic new line up of innovative and informational professional development content. The RFP for peer-reviewed, invited, program, and poster sessions closed on August 15, but keep an eye out for next year's RFP available in early summer, 2020!
In order to spark new and exciting session submissions, we're going to host a People's Choice Extension Award for any selected Peer-Reviewed Session! All attendees will get to vote on their favorite session for each of the topic tracks, including one for the best campus-based faculty presentation, and winners will each receive a $150 supplies and services award!
Elevate Extension Keynote Talks
Due to the overwhelming praise of last year's Keynote Talks, we're excited to invite another round of speakers to submit proposals! Rather than a traditional outside keynote, we want to hear from the wealth of experience and expertise that we have within and around our Extension teams. We have reviewed the RFPs and are proud to host a new group of Extension employees presenting seven-minute innovative and engaging presentations that replace the traditional keynote speaker session. This year's line up will be:
- Kristen Davis Moore, 4-H Program Faculty, 4-H Youth Development: "The Human Animal Bond: Igniting youth sparks"
- Andony Melathopoulos, Pollinator Health Extension Specialist, Horticulture: "PolliNation: Using podcasts to reach an amorphous and broad client base"
- Rebecca Thistlethwaite, Director, Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network, Dept. of Crop & Soil Science: "The Power of Community: How a practitioner-based community of practice can solve seemingly intractable problems by working together"
- Ann Harris, Open Campus Coordinator, Extension Program Liaison: "Never Waste a Good Crisis"
- Adejoke Babatunde, SNAP Outreach Coordinator Programs, and Joyce Senior Angulo, EFNEP State Coordinator, SNAP-Ed Site Coordinator: "Celebrating Portland’s Black Community through Hair Health and Wellness needs"
- Emily Henry, Assistant Program Leader, OSU Open Campus: "Reaching Rural Communities with Higher Education Opportunities"
Awards and Recognition
To submit OSUEA Awards nomination:
- Search for Excellence Program Awards (Deadline of October 15th)
- Faculty and Staff Awards (Deadline of October 15th)
- Extension Cooperator Awards (Extended deadline of October 21st)
- Alberta B Johnston Awards for Excellence in Education or Extension Leadership (Deadline of October 15th)
10 Reasons to attend EAC this year!
- The Regional Showcase Social! Over 15 showcased Coastal projects, displays, and lightning speakers; incredible, sustainable Local Ocean catering; and more.
- The New Tours! 10 completely new tours like Spindrift Cellars, the Global Hemp Innovation Center, OSU Dairy Tour, chair massages, and Zumba.
- Customized professional development: You’ve been heard! This year features intentional sessions and content for all audience tracks and classifications, which will be noted in an easy-to-view schedule.
- Chance to meet with your region: Network with your colleagues from neighboring counties and ask questions to your RD in a session just for your region.
- The conference is shorter: Coming from afar? You don’t have to miss your weekend or drive at night.
- People’s Choice Extension Awards: You get to choose your favorite peer-reviewed sessions to celebrate and reward great content with $150 S&S budget.
- Sweet Swag: This year’s Extension Admin appreciation gifts are pretty cool! Must be in attendance to receive them.
- The Elevate Extension Keynote Talks: Back by popular demand, EAC will host these 7-minute innovative presentations from your fellow Extension team members.
- Leadership Development: Due to requests, EAC is bringing in speakers to host leadership development sessions tailored to Extension.
- Lastly, fantastic and brand new content! Things like:
- A new language accessibility/translation tool
- Office manager hacks
- County fair hacks
- Intergenerational marketing
- Virtual reality experience
- Onboarding tools
- Worklife balance (emotional intelligence, parenting challenges, elder care)
- UABC Lightning training + HR Lightning training
- Retirement/benefits costs, implications, Q&A
- Community engagement
- Adult education
- Needs assessments
- Volunteer management
- Grant writing
- And so much more…
For OSUEA-sponsored activities and information, including the BBQ, Breakfast Awards, and Cooperator Awards Banquet, please visit their webpage.
CH2M Hill Alumni Center, Corvallis Campus
Parking will be covered for those attending the awards banquet on Wednesday night (in the parking garage near the OSU Beaver Store). Parking is also included at the Hilton or Holiday Inn, if you're a guest. Otherwise, parking needs to be arranged on your own. You can buy temporary permits with your index here.
We do not arrange a hotel block for conference attendees, but our preferred hotel vendors are the nearby Hilton and the Holiday Inn. Both hotels offer government rates (if requested) and will allow for OSU index charges.
Extension Admin will cover round trip mileage for one vehicle per county for the event (not per day).
Please wear your orange Extension name badge. Order name badges through your office manager if needed.
View Past Conference Details: Conference Archives