Welcome to OSU Extension!
As part of Oregon State University, the Extension Service is pioneering expanded educational opportunities in pursuit of our Land Grant Mission. Our more than 40 office locations across the state serve as a front door to the University. OSU Extension Service programs are organized in the following major program areas: Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 4-H Youth Development, Family and Community Health (including SNAP-Ed), Forestry and Natural Resources, Sea Grant, Open Campus, and Outdoor School.
Below is information and resources for our new unclassified and classified employees.
New Employee Information and Resources
- OSU New Employee Onboarding
- OSU Orientation Activities: Getting Off To a Great Start Guide
- OSU New Employee Onboarding Checklist
- Unclassified: Extension Orientation Checklist (January 2019)
- OSU Critical Training
- DUO - This is a mandatory two-step login protocol for all ONID accounts.
- myOSU Portal - This is a portal application designed to bring information about OSU resources and services to a central location.
- New Email Request - The employee's supervisor or office manager should submit a Community Service Request to the CN Desktop Support office to request a new email. This request can be submitted prior to the employee's OSU start date. To update a department address for an existing email record, please contact your Business Center's Human Resources Unit.
- Name Badge - Extension Administration will pay for the first name badge for a new Extension faculty and staff (this does not include name badges for students or temporary employees). The employee's supervisor or office manager should contact R3 Engraving at firstname.lastname@example.org to order an OSU Extension name badge. Please contact Kaylyn Hymes to obtain an index to charge for the first name badge (replacement name badge costs will be the responsibility of the county/department).
Example of the Extension name badge:
Note: Color on silver metal; Size: 1.25” x 3.5”; Magnetic back; Format will be consistent across the Division (no programs or positions)
- Business Cards - Extension Administration will pay for the first order of business cards (quantity of 125) for a new employee. The employee's supervisor or office manager should order the business cards through OSU Printing and Mailing. Please contact Kaylyn Hymes to obtain an index to charge for the first order of business cards (re-order of business cards will be the responsibility of the county/department).
Example of a Business Card:
Example of a Business Card if you are 4-H/FCH/SNAP-Ed
Additional line under the first/last name is required:
- Extension Find Us - The employee's supervisor or office manager should contact Kaylyn Hymes.
- Outlook Email Distribution Lists - The employee's supervisor or office manager should contact Extension Administration at 541-737-2711 for adding or removing from a specific email distribution list.
- Civil Rights On-Line Module - The supervisor or office manager should direct the employee to the Civil Rights Information website or contact Elsa Curtis in the Extension Service's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office.
- Western Extension Directors Association's On-Line Resources, including History of Extension Module
Supervisor/Management E-Learning Opportunities